<dd id="xchjy"><track id="xchjy"></track></dd>
  • <em id="xchjy"></em>
      <dd id="xchjy"><noscript id="xchjy"></noscript></dd>

<rp id="xchjy"><acronym id="xchjy"></acronym></rp>

Panasonic 10-25mm f1.7 or Olympus 17mm f1.2?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
      ForumParentFirstPrevious
      Flat view
      woodyu388 Regular Member • Posts: 367
      Panasonic 10-25mm f1.7 or Olympus 17mm f1.2?

Getting back into photography after a few years of less interest. (This is my first post here in probably 6+ years!) I'm possibly in the market for a new low light lens to fill in between primes I already have. I currently have the 12mm f1.4, 14mm f2.5, 20mm f1.7, 25mm f1.4, and 45 f1.8. I've found that the 20mm f1.7 gets the most use, by far. Photos are typically mixed indoor/outdoor low light situations, generally snapshops of friends and family, along with some occasional artistic shots. The 20mm allows me to get nice indoor candids and portraits in places where the 25mm's FOV is a bit too tight, but in some cases I find that even 20mm is a bit tighter than I'd like. The 14mm f2.5 gives me the wider view, but doesn't have the same magic bokeh and light gathering capability, and has generally left me unimpressed.

So, the Olympus 17mm f1.2 seemed like the natural solution. Slightly wider view, and the best light gathering ability of all. I'd pretty much decided to get it until I came upon the 10-25mm f1.7. The thought of being able to switch focal lengths on the fly without changing lenses is intriguing, and could be worth the larger size, cost, and slightly slower aperture.

Searching through this forum I've seen limited talk about the 10-25mm f1.7. It's on sale right now with good 0% financing offers from some authorized dealers in the US. I'd welcome any thoughts and experiences from the community. FWIW, this would be going on a GX8 and/or GM5. Thanks

Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro Panasonic Leica DG 10-25mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
      If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
      ForumParentFirstPrevious
      Flat view
      Post (hide subjects) Posted by
      ForumParentFirstPrevious
      Keyboard shortcuts:
      FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
      Color scheme? Blue / Yellow
      牛牛娱乐下载